Friday, April 22, 2011

FYP2 - Critique 2

Just end our critique 2 in studio yesterday. Due to both lecturer assest us in different time, while we actually need to do edit and modify based on lecturer comment. I have learn how to install the wiimote into my PC from Innocent where I know he have the experience on installing it.

Comment from Mr.Hafiz :
I have borrow the SonyView touch screen tab from Sweet Ying and present my installation.

The problem I face is when my application presented on touch screen, user have to click on the position they want to write before writing, or else, the point starting to write will continues since the last point. Mean if user have click on the next button, if user didn't click a new point on the text, when user write on the text, the ink will start on the next button position. Mr.Hafiz need me to make the mouse point like when everytime user write on the text, just like they already press on the mouse to start anew point. (Will try my best to solve this problem as Mr.Hafiz said if I make it as touch screen using IR LED, the same problem will appear as well.)

For the position of the wiimote, Mr.Hafiz suggest me set it at 45 degree as the IR LED need to face to the wiimote infrared.

Comment from Mr.Kok Yoong :
Due to Sweet Ying is not presenting before or after me, I have to presented my installation by just using laptop.

For the graphic, Mr.Kok Yoong suggest me draw myself instead of using online image at the introduction scene. While for the main installation scene, Mr.Kok Yoong comment that I might need some simple animation on the screen because the current scene is boring while is just the background image with the text. For those button like exit and skip, maybe I can use chinese text as the installation is a chinese based application. (So for each text I will add in the related object in like the first scene text's is bird, there will have bird fly pass by when the scene is play. The button will change to chinese text while mouse rollover will have show the english meaning of it.)

For the IR LED, I have told that actuclly I fail to connect it to my PC while after Innocent explaint to me, I will try again by using my own PC. Mr.Kok Yoong have teach me on how to check whether the IR LED function or not, which is using the handphone camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment